1628 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 268-0170
Map It
Menu
Today for lunch I went to the Spice Monkey in Oakland. It's a pretty cool place inside, with a nice vibe to it. All the food is home made, from local organic sources. I went with the Lamb Burger ($9.95) which was made of ground lamb, fresh mint, anise, green onion, sage & thyme with yogurt-tahini sauce. It also included their "Monkey Potatoes" which were some really tasty well seasoned potatoes on the side with some good aoili sauce to dip. The burger itself was very good, but honestly could have used a bit more seasoning. The bun was nice, definitely home made and all the ingredients were fresh and tasty. Friendly service, cool surroundings and good beers on tap, I will have to make it back to the Spice Monkey for dinner some time.
Quality of food =7
Service =7
Value =6
Cleanliness =7
Avg cost per person - $15 with tip

No comments:
Post a Comment