Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Don Willy's


333 17th Street
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 839-2228
Map It


Review This Restaurant











I had a pretty disappointing lunch today at Don Willy's Mexican food in Oakland. I ordered a Chicken Super Burrito wet ($7.75). My first sign of caution was when they asked me what kind of beans I wanted. Usually a place that labels itself as "authentic Mexican" won't ask me if I want black beans. Anyway, ordered the burrito and went and grabbed a seat. After a few minutes they called out my order and I picked up what looked like a pretty darn good burrito. Unfortunately on my first bite I realized it was somewhat lukewarm, and just not all that appetizing. The chicken honestly reminded me of that cubed chicken you would get in like a fast food salad or something. Pretty weak. Their salsa that was served on the side was actually pretty good, too bad the chips that were served with it were pretty stale. Oh well, I will probably go back and give it another chance as some of the other dishes I saw going out looked pretty decent so look for a follow up.


Quality of food =5
Service =5
Value =5
Cleanliness =7
Avg cost per person - $11 no tip

No comments: