Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Cervantes The Original Mexican Sandwich


320 17th St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 836-2077
Map It

Review This Restaurant












For lunch today I found myself ad Cervantes the Original Mexican Sandwich. I will say, it wasn't what I expected. Nothing seemed Mexican about the place other than maybe the owner. The place is small, with nowhere to sit inside that I saw, although I did see some stairs heading up so maybe up there? It was pretty funny to sit outside and listen to the owner argue with his employee the entire time. "You are costing me money! If I don't make money, you don't have a job!" I ordered a turkey sandwich ($6.00) with swiss (.75) on a Dutch Crunch roll. The guy made it right in front of me, which I realized later I hope he was wearing gloves (Dont think he was though...) cuz he also was the one to take the $$ at the end. Even with that being said, this place kicks ass. It was fresh still warm real turkey, no processed crap here. All the toppings were good, too although next time I will probably ask for a bit more mayo. I was hoping to get the tri-tip sandwich, but I guess they only have that on Thursdays. Also plan on heading back on Friday to try out their ribs ($9.00). If you're in the area looking for a cheap, good sandwich Cervantes is definitely worth stopping by.



Quality of food =7
Service =6
Value =10
Cleanliness =6
Avg cost per person - $8 no tip

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I have been back to Cervantes on numerous occasions, and it has always been good. The ribs are a great deal at $9, and any sandiwch Ive had has always been great. They also do have seating upstairs on days when you cant sit outside. Definitely go check out Cervantes.