Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant

824 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 249-9448
Map It

Review This Restaurant






For lunch today I went to Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant on Main Street in Pleasanton. I was in the mood for Vietnamese, and had seen some good reviews for it so I went and checked it out. The first thing I noticed was that everything looked nice and new and clean. The second thing I noticed was possibly they were trying to save a few bucks on their heating bill because it was FREEZING ASS COLD in there. Probably around the 60 degree mark. Fortunately not too long after I'd ordered my food started coming out which helped warm me up. At first they brought out a pretty decent sized salad with some pretty good vinegar based dressing. For my entree I ordered the #46 which is the Special Combination 2 ($8.95). It included Spicy Lemon Grass Chicken, 3 Deep Fried Shrimp with a sweet and sour chili sauce for dipping served over Saigon fried rice. It was a very good portion and served piping hot (Which helped with the cold). Everything was very good. The quality of the chicken was decent, and the flavors were all very good. The shrimp were also very good size. The service was very attentive and friendly, and the place had quite a few people in it. (Usually in my pics I try not to snap people) With good food, decent prices and friendly service I am sure I will be going back to Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant in Pleasanton some time soon.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $12 with tip

No comments: