
6599 Dublin BlvdDublin, CA 94568
(925) 556-9575
www.yanagisushigrill.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I had been to Yanagi Sushi and Grill in Dublin once before, on New Years day. I was making sushi at home, and for any of those who have ever done so, know that the rice is the hardest thing to make so I usually just go get it from a local restaurant. It being New Years Day my usual place was closed so I went to Yanagi. I got a good impression of the place so put it on my list of places I wanted to go try and finally did last night. To start off with I ordered a small thing of hot sake ($6.50) which was actually a pretty decent sized carafe. I also ordered an oyster shooter ($5.75) which was huge. It had two large pieces of oysters in it. It was good, but honestly a little too big because you couldnt just shoot it like you're supposed to. They also forgot the quail egg in it so they made me another one for free. For my meal I went with my usual assortment of nigiri including salmon, saba, yellowtail, albacore, halibut, and unagi. The unagi was some of the best I think Ive ever had. Everything else was also very nice and fresh and tasty. Good size pieces as well. The one thing I would say that really wasn't very good unforutnately was the saba, which is usually one of my favorites. Next time I will try their aji (Spanish Mackerel) and see if I like that better. My wife was getting over some food poisoning so she was a cheap date and just ordered a Philly roll ($11.50) which she didnt like much because it had crab meat in it which isn't typical. The atmosphere was pretty nice. I didn't realize they also had a bunch of habachi tables which we will have to go back and try. One thing I found interesting was the birthday thing they do. All of a sudden this music starts blaring, and people start parading around singing happy bday to people. Somewhat chuck-e-cheesish for my taste but kind of fun at the same time. Im sure my kids will enjoy that. The service was good, although maybe a little too over attentive. I got tired of telling people I was ok, and also that I was still using one of my plates. Other than that the service was good. At the end of our meal they give you this half an orange thing with some chocolate and I think whipped cream which was pretty good. They also gave us some complimentary hot sake with gold flakes in it which was nice. In all, really fresh tasting sushi in a nice new environment Im sure I will be back to try some of their other dishes.
Quality of food = 9
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 9
Avg cost per person - $25 with tip
1 comment:
I got some takeout from Yanagi a while back and wasn't that impressed with what I got for my money. We ordered a few rolls and they all seemed small and pretty flavorless. Im not typically a roll person, but my wife who is didn't like hers either.
Post a Comment