Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Mr. Pickle's

3059 Hopyard Rd, Suite L
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 600-7455
www.mrpicklesinc.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant


I've been wanting to try Mr. Pickle's for a while now. I'm not sure what it is about them, but they just have always sounded like it should be a good sandwich place. They just recently opened one near my work in Pleasanton so I went and checked it out today. The place was jam packed. There were so many high school students there it was crazy. Constant line out the door which made it kind of annoying to have people hovering over me the entire time I was eating. I ordered a Reuben ($6.99) on a Dutch Crunch roll. The kid making the sandwich confirmed that I wanted everything on it, which I did. He also told me they have marble rye but I stuck with my Dutch Crunch. After you order you make your way over to the register to pay. Unfortunately they don't have any fountain drinks here. I'm not much of a soda drinker so I usually just get some ice water. Because they had no fountain, my water ended up being just a cup of water, no ice, straight out of the sink. Yuck. After I got my sandwich brought out to me and I started eating it I realized they had forgotten the Thousand Island dressing. Can't have a Reuben without the Thousand Island so I went back up to the counter and after a few minutes the guy brought it back out with some on there. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with the sandwich. The pastrami was pretty bland, and the roll was not the best I've had. I'll give them one more chance and try some turkey or something and hopefully it'll be better, but as for now I have to say I'm not all that impressed with Mr. Pickle's in Pleasanton.

Quality of food = 5
Service = 6
Value = 5
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $10 no tip

No comments: