
1919 4th StBerkeley, CA 94710
(510) 845-7771
www.mccormickandschmicks.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I had I think the best chocolate truffle cake I've ever had for lunch at Spengers Fish Grotto in Berkeley. This is a place I always wanted to try when I was working out there, but for whatever reason never did. Dell was putting on a sales thing which included a free lunch there, so I made the drive to Berkeley. To start I went with their New England clam chowder which was very good. For my main dish I went with the grilled salmon which was also very good. Cooked very nicely, served with a nice mixed berry sauce. For the sides there was some steamed broccoli and your usual mashed potatoes. For dessert was the cake.... Im not usually a huge sweets fan, or especially a cake fan, but this was just delicious. Just so rich and delicious, and the raspberry sauce on the side was perfect. I ate every last bite of the rather large piece even though I was pretty full. They had us sitting in a conference room area in the back so I didn't get to check out the restaurant much, but as I was walking through it looked really nice, with a large bar area and just a nice rustic, homey feel to the place. I know the place has been around for years and with the ambiance, and food its no wonder why.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $30 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment