Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Rancho Grande Taqueria

2707 Hopyard Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 600-8620
www.ranchograndetaqueria.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

I went and had lunch at Rancho Grande Taqueria in Pleasanton today. The place is your typical taqueria. Go up to the counter and order your food, make your way to the salsa bar and load up, and grab a seat and wait for your food. It's kind of hidden in the back corner of the shopping center, so Ive never noticed it before. The place was pretty empty when we first arrived which typically isn't a good sign. By the time we left though there wasn't an open seat in the place. I ordered a Super Wet Burrito with carnitas ($7.25). It was a pretty decent sized burrito. I wouldn't say huge, but not small either. The quality of the carnitas were very good. Not a single piece of fat, and had some nice crispy pieces which really made them taste nice. We heard from the owner that apparently John Madden comes in every Wednesday, so I was hoping to get a peek at him but didn't. I'll have to go back another time. In all, tasty taqueria food at good prices. Im glad I found a new lunch place.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $9 no tip

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Went back and got an Al Pastor (BBQ pork) Torta (Mexican Sandwich) ($6.25). It was great. The roll they served it on was like none Ive seen before, and was just so nice and soft and just perfect. The quality of the al pastor was also very good and flavorful. It came with onion, tomato, sour cream and I think maybe a little bit of guac as well. Definitely worth trying.

Jeff said...

I went back for lunch today and got another super carnitas burrito wet with the green sauce ($7.25). Unfortunately this time the quality of the carnitas was not nearly as good. There were 3 pieces so fatty I had to spit them out, including one huge piece. Concerns me about their consistency.

Jeff said...

Had another Al Pastor Torta again today. Still quality.