Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Zorns

3015 Hopyard Rd # A
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 462-0994
Map it

Review This Restaurant




I got lunch today at Zorn's restaurant in Pleasanton. When I walked in the first thing I noticed is that I think was the youngest person there by about 20 years. And at 36 Im no spring chicken. The place was also pretty empty; I'm assuming they get most of their business during breakfast. The decor all looked like something out of the 70's, including the old movie posters on the walls. Basically what Im saying is don't go here expecting an energetic, hip environment. If you want something like that then go next door to the Hopyard Brewery. After standing in the front landing area for a minute a lady behind the counter told me to grab a seat wherever I wanted so I grabbed a small two person booth. I looked over the menu and upon asking the waitress if the corned beef hash was home made and finding out it wasn't (Always a dissapointment) I decided to go with the Super Bird ($8.75) which is basically their version of a Turkey Club. It came with sliced turkey, swiss, tomato, avacado and bacon on grilled sourdough. I chose fries for my side. There was a pretty fair amount of avacado, as well as all the other things in there. I do have to say the sandwich was a bit dry though. Could have used some mayo or something to liven it up. I kept having to dip it in my ketchup. Another thing worth mentioning was the swiss cheese. It was that cheap almost tastes like American cheese type which was too bad. That being said, the sandwich was still decent, just could have been better. The fries were pretty decent. Served VERY hot. Personally I like mine a bit crispier though so would probably ask for that next time. In all, its not a place I will rush back to, or would recommend bringing a date to. But I will go back and try their breakfast one of these days and I could see it being a good place to bring the family for a weekend breakfast, but be sure and watch for a return visit so I can tell you how those are.

Quality of food = 6
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 6

Avg cost per person - $12 with tip

No comments: