
1645 Bonanza StWalnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 930-8000
www.babalous.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I went and picked up a lamb kabob ($8.25) at Babalous Mediterranean in Walnut Creek today. When I walked in I was greeted by a really friendly guy behind the counter whom answered a couple of my questions very warmly. When I ordered the kabob I was asked if I wanted it as a wrap, or over rice. I opted to go with the wrap, and later realized the rice option would have cost an additional $2.50. I went and grabbed a seat from their row of tables lined along the back wall, which are kind of tight and close together giving the place the feel of a somewhat of a larger city restaurant. After a few minutes another guy brought out my lunch. It wasn't really what I was expecting. I was thinking more of a pita bread, this was more like a burrito. I unwrapped the foil and took my first bite. The wrap was really dried out, and crusty which kinda blew the whole thing for me. The lamb other than a couple of fatty pieces was really good and flavorful, along with most of the other stuff inside (tomato, cucumber, tzatziki sauce and supposedly some hummus which I didnt see or taste). Honestly, for $9 after tax I was really hoping for more. Maybe my experience would have been better if I had chosen the over rice option, but really for that overall cost you are spending about the same amount that you would (at least for the lunch special) as you would at Silk Road right up the street which I think is MUCH better. Unless you're looking to get something either really quick, or to go I'm sorry to say, because I really liked the guys, but I would not recommend Babalous.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 6
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $12 no tip
No comments:
Post a Comment