Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse

1410 Locust Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 946-1520
www.pyramidbrew.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

Today was my going away lunch for the City of Walnut Creek, so I decided to go to Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse for lunch. I've been to the ones in Berkeley, and Sacramento as well as drank their beers many times. Unfortunately, this being a work lunch thing beer was not an option. This place is really spacious, with a large patio in the back, as well as seating in the front patio so it gave it kind of a feel that the restaurant was a bit emptier than it really was. There were a total of 7 of us, so they put us at a table in the back area. I ordered the blackened salmon ($12.50) which was a salmon fillet topped with lemon aoli, and served with fingerling potatoes and usually their mixed vegetables, which I substituted for the grilled asparagus and red peppers. I'll be honest, when it first came out I thought they'd brought me the wrong thing as it was in no way blackened. I didn't even see the according to their menu "house blackening spices" rubbed on it at all. This was a bit of a bummer as I was really looking forward to a blackened piece of fish. That being said though, the fish was still good as was the aoli. The potatoes were nothing too special. Just lightly seasoned small potatoes cut in half. The asparagus and peppers were pretty tasty. In all, a good lunch, but again a bit of a bummer that the fish wasn't done right. The Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse in Walnut Creek is a good place to go watch a game on one of their many flat screen TV's, grab a good bite to eat and drink a good beer. They also have some pretty decent happy hour prices M-F 3:30-6pm on their appetizers and beers.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 6

Avg cost per person - $14 with tip

No comments: