
828 Main StPleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 931-1901
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I went exploring around Pleasanton at lunch time today. I came across Emilio's Mexican Restaurant on Main Street and decided to check it out. As I walked in I think I walked in on the tail end of a rush so it took a little while to get helped, as well as for the food to show. The guy walking around who Im pretty sure is the owner (Was he Emilio? Couldn't tell you). I took a look at their menu and focused on their pretty limited lunch time specials. The options were pretty much an enchilada, a taco or a burrito all coming in around the $8 mark. I decided on a large chili verde burrito ($7.95) with their mole sauce (.75). The burrito was pretty good size. Not too small, but big enough to leave me quite full. The mole on top was what they referred to as their enchilada mole, not your typical mole that you are probably used to. According to the possible Emilio, they do serve a traditional mole on Saturday nights which he says is very good. This mole was good too. It tasted kind of like a cross between a mole, and enchilada sauce expectedly. The burrito itself was very good. One of the better burritos Ive had in a long time. The quality of the chili verde was excellent with it being very tender and lean. Everything else inside the burrito was also very good including refried beans, sour cream, cheese and salsa. I didn't notice any rice in there. The salsa they serve with chips pre meal was also really good. It was a salsa verde that had a certain sweetness to it. I'm sure I will be back, and might just have to go on a Saturday night to try their mole. If you are looking for some quality authentic Mexican food in the Pleasanton area then Emilio's is worth checking out.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $16 with tip
1 comment:
It was my wifes Bday weekend, so I we decided to go to Emilio's on our way back from Sunol. I remembered liking it, and she was in the mood for Mexican. 1st thing I noticed when we walked in was that the place was completely empty at like 5:30 on a Saturday. That had us a little concerned, but again I did remember liking it. She ordered a crispy chicken taco and a bean and cheese burrito. I went with the mexican pizza appetizer and a chicken quesedilla. The girls each had a bean and cheese burrito off the kids menu. Pretty much everything sucked. She said the bean and cheese was the blandest shes ever had, and my quesidilla was just not good. I could have done better at home. The salsa verde even this time was horribly bland. Not sure what happened to this place but definitely wont be back.
Post a Comment