
1699 N California BlvdWalnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 935-3795
www.thecounterburger.com
Map it
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I finally made my way to The Counter in Walnut Creek for lunch today. Unfortunately, I had a burger for dinner last night. The place has somewhat of a modern feel, with lots of stainless steel and flat panels on the wall. We had a group of about 7 of us, so they put us at a table in the back corner. I saw they had two random baseball games playing on the TV's and asked if they could turn the A's game on on one of them. A few minutes later I saw they had turned what eventually would be the Giants game (Set to start in about 30 min or so) so I again asked if they could put the A's game on one of the TV's. This time I saw someone go back, look a little confused, ask someone else how to find it which they didn't get a good answer, and start fumbling through the channels and various games. Apparently after a while she gave up and left it on a Brewers/Dodgers game and never bothered to talk to me about it which was kind of annoying. Restauranters, if you are going to pay to put those nice expensive TV's on your walls, and pay for the sattellite then PLEASE educate your employees on how to use the damn things.
Anyway, on to the food. Their burgers come in the choice of a 1/3lb ($8.50), 2/3lb ($10.75), or 1lb ($13.75) which comes with a few toppings, and you pay extra for some extras such as bacon and things. They give you a little menu where you select all the toppings you want to add to the burgers. They have a pretty expansive selection so you can really tailor the burger to your liking, but be careful as both the burger and the price can also add up pretty quickly. I ordered a 2/3lb with tilamook cheddar, grilled onions, sweet bbq sauce, lettuce, and tomato. We also ordered a couple orders of the 50/50 fries ($5.00) (1/2 regular and 1/2 sweet potato fries). They came served with a little side of what they called their horeseradish mayo which was sort of a spicy aoli and was pretty tasty. The regular fries were nothing special, but the sweet potato ones were pretty good. It was a little odd that they served the fries before the actual burgers came, which showed up about 10 minutes later. Before I forget, I also need to mention that I ordered a peanut butter milkshake ($4.95) which was really good. Anyway, eventually the burgers showed up. It was a really good sized burger with all the toppings I'd asked for and TONS of grilled onions. Everything was good, other than they overcooked the burger a bit (I ordered it rare, it was more like medium rare). The burger itself was pretty good, but honestly I can't justify the price with Fuddruckers right down the road. For about half the price (Probably less, actually) you can get a burger thats just as good (Great milkshakes there, too) In all, The Counter was worth trying but not somewhere I'll be going back to with Fuddruckers right down the road.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 5
Value = 5
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $20 with tip
Quality of food = 8
Service = 5
Value = 5
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $20 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment