Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Original Mel's

1394 N Main St
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 935-6457
Map It


Review This Restaurant


Had lunch at Original Mel's in Walnut Creek today. I went with a couple of coworkers that actually had gone yesterday, and were willing to go back today which is typically a good sign. I've been to the other ones in Natomas, Folsom, and Placerville and always been pretty happy with what I've gotten. The place is styled after a 50s style diner, with lots of booths, a counter and little jukeboxes at the tables. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, stopping by numerous times to make sure our water glasses were full. Today I decided to go with the Itallian Hot Sausage sandwich ($7.69). It was a couple links cut in half, served on a ciabatta roll with some grilled onions, green peppers and muenster cheese with you choice of sides. I went with the fries. The sandwich was good. When I took my first bite I realized this was definitely a hot sausage sandwich. With it being pretty spicy. After the first couple bites my mouth adjusted and it was all good. Personally, I would have liked the onions and peppers to have been grilled a bit more but they were fine. The sausage had good flavor, and the roll was good. All around a pretty decent sandwich for a good price (Especially for Walnut Creek). If you're in the Walnut Creek area and looking for a relaxed place to grab a good sandwich, or a decent breakfast go check out Mel's on N Main.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $12 with tip

No comments: