
1171 Locust StWalnut Creek, CA 94596-4549
(925) 945-7676
www.buckhorngrill.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I just got back from lunch at the Buckhorn Grill in Walnut Creek. Its a BBQ type place that seems to specialize in their tri tip sandwiches. Upon suggestion from one of my coworkers I went with the Chipolte Border Buck ($6.95) which was thinly sliced tri-tip with Chipotle sauce and pepper jack cheese. You order up at the counter, and they give you one of those vibrating pager things. After a few minutes mine went off and I went to go pick up the sandwich. The first thing I noticed was how small it was. Maybe a 6" roll at the very most. The sandwich was very good. The tri tip was tasty, although a little cold which I thought was odd. The chipolte sauce and the cheese were also very tasty as was the roll. In all, a good sandwich but it would be nice if they had a larger size option. I guess next time I'll spend the $2.45 extra and make a combo out of it to get a side of fries or one of their other side options.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 6
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $11 no tip
1 comment:
Well after going and trying to get the beef ribs a couple of times and both times being told they were out, come back tomorrow I decided to call ahead of time today. This time I was told the company no longer (I assume he meant his supplier) has it, only the pork. Bummer.
Post a Comment