
1940 N Main StWalnut Creek, CA 94596-3719
(925) 943-1450
www.fuddruckers.com
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I finally tried an elk burger ($7.95) at Fuddruckers in Walnut Creek. I've been meaning to try one of these for a while, but usually end up getting something else. I ordered it rare, the way I usually order my burgers and went and grabbed a seat. After a few minutes my pager thingy started going off so I went to pick up the burger. The first thing I noticed was that it looked a little small. Didn't look like a half pound. After going to the toppings bar and loading it full of good stuff I realized why, shortly after taking my first bite. It was way overcooked. It was more like medium well than rare. I considered taking it back and asking for another one, but didn't feel like waiting. The burger itself was pretty good. I wasn't sure if there would be an odd taste to it or what, but there really wasn't. It tasted like a burger. I just wish it wouldn't have been so overcooked so I could have gotten some real flavor out of it. Another issue I had was that it was served on a wheat bun. I've been going to Fuddruckers for years, and never gotten a whole wheat bun. It wasn't horrible or anything, but definitely added another, unwanted dimension to the burger. Maybe one of these days I'll try it again but for now will probably stick to my new fav, the buffalo burger.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $11 no tip
No comments:
Post a Comment