Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

China Delights

9150 Alcosta Blvd
San Ramon, CA 94583
(925) 560-1318
Map It

Review This Restaurant



I picked up some food from China Delights in San Ramon today. We had a late lunch, so we weren't very hungry so I just got a couple of items. I had heard the Hot and Sour soup ($5.50) was good so I got a thing of that, as well as a small portion (From the special green menu you need to request) of Sweet and Sour Prawns ($6.95). I forget the exact number the lady said this size came with, but it was about 12 or so. For I think $9.50 you get quite a bit more. I started off with the soup, and have to admit I was pretty disappointed. The pieces of pork in it were pretty gross. Very fatty, and borderline "mystery meat". The flavor wasn't bad, but certainly nothing special. As for the prawns, they were pretty good as was the sauce. Again, nothing spectacular, but definitely better than the soup. I did like that they were breaded. I've also heard good things about their house special Honey Walnut Prawns ($11.50) which I'm pretty sure I saw an order of come out, and looked pretty good so I will try those next time. At this point I'm mixed on this place and will have to give it another chance when I'm a bit hungrier so look for a return visit.

Quality of food = 6
Service = 6
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $20 with tip

No comments: