Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Bombay Indian Restaurant

1512 N Main St
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 932-5777
www.bombayindianwc.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

I had lunch at Bombay Indian Restaurant in Walnut Creek today. I was looking for a lunch and dinner in one so decided to go with the buffet ($8.95). The first thing I noticed was that they brought out fresh naan to the table which is always a bonus in my book. As usual, I took a little bit of everything from the buffet of about 8 hot items. The standouts were the chicken tikka massala and a curry with potatoes and cabbage which I really liked. The chicken massala could have used a bit more, and larger pieces of chicken however. I wonder if its any different when ordered from the menu? Their tandoori chicken is also very good, but you need to look on a little table behind the line or else you will miss it like I did until somebody fortunately pointed it out to me. On the same table they also have some good chai tea. The saag paneer was also a little disappointing, with no pieces of cheese that I saw, and some I think garbanzo beans. I wouldn't call it bad, but definitely not the best I've had. In all, it was an overall good experience, and a decent price especially for Walnut Creek. I would recommend giving Bombay Indian Restaurant a try.

Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $11 with tip

No comments: