Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Viks Chaat Corner

726 ALLSTON WAY
BERKELEY, CA 94710
(510) 644-4432
www.vikschaatcorner.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

I just finished eating lunch at Vik's Chaat Corner in Berkeley. I got the Curry Fish Special ($6.75) which was a nice portion of Sea Bass along with something called an Aroma Young Coconut ($2.50) to drink. The drink is an actual coconut that the guy at the counter hacks open with a cleaver, while holding it in his hand. Seriously. I was afraid this guy was going to lose at least a finger, if not a hand, all so I could have a tasty drink. Fortunately, he did not so there was no guilt involved. The fish came with 3 sides. The first being yogurt, the other some rice, and not sure what the last one is called, but some sort of vegetable curry lentil type thing that was good. Everything was very good, at a great price. Don't expect to go to Vik's and get a fancy atmosphere, because you won't. You'll most likely end up eating with a spork, out of a cardboard cafeteria style plate. Do expect though to get some authentic, tasty Indian food at a great price.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 6
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 6

Avg cost per person - $10 no tip

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I went back to Viks for the first time in a while today. They have finally moved to their new location, which is pretty nice. I went with the lamb lunch special ($6.50) and the tender coconut drink ($2.50). I have to admit, I was somewhat reluctant going here today but after going I am glad I did. Everything was really good. The lamb was so nice and tender. I'm sure I'll be back and when I am I want to try one of those big poofy things...