
4814 Dublin BlvdDublin, 94568
(925) 556-9800
www.blackangus.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I went to Black Angus in Dublin for dinner last night. It was our belated Valentines Day dinner as we couldn't get a sitter last weekend. Fortunately I thought to make reservations online and we got right in (The wait looked pretty bad otherwise). For our appetizer we ordered the Jumbo Prawn Cocktail ($9.99). I will have to say, this was the one thing we were disappointed with. For $10 we got 6 mediocre sized prawns, that weren't cleaned very well either. I had the clam chowder which was really good, although it had a little sand (The price we pay when eating clam chowder sometimes unfortunately). I then ordered the 12oz Ribeye Steak ($20.99) cooked medium rare, with a side of their mixed vegetables and the garlic mashed potatoes. The steak was great. Cooked perfectly, very lean and flavorful. Usually I'm not a huge fan of mixed vegetables (Broccoli, carrots, zuchinni and squash) but these were actually cooked well and tasty. I also liked the garlic mashed potatoes. My wife ordered the Sesame Terryaki Chicken Breast ($15.99) which she said she liked for the most part. A little of it was somewhat overcooked and dry. She also had the same sides. For dessert we ordered the Big Mountain Chocolate Fudge Cake ($5.99) to go. We were both still too stuffed to eat it last night, so can't say anything for that other than the piece was huge. If you've been reading my reviews for a while now, you know that I typically am not a big fan of chain restaurants, and have to admit I resisted going here at first. After going however I will say I was pleased with the food, and the service was great.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 9
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 5
Avg cost per person - $50 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment