Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Taqueria Monte Cristo

1446 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 486-0321
Map It

Review This Restaurant



I went to Taqueria Monte Cristo in Berkeley for lunch the other day. I had a carnitas burrito ($5.70) which I added "The Works" (sour cream and guac for $1.50). It came with a small bowl of chips and a couple of plastic containers for salsa. I made my way over to the salsa bar and filled up. I then went over to my table and immediately dropped one of the salsa containers all over the table, floor, and chair. What a mess. After I was done cleaning that up I sat down and after a couple minutes they dropped off a pretty decent sized burrito. It was full of nice tender, tasty carnitas along with the other usual stuff (You also get your choice of style of beans. I went with pinto). All in all it was pretty good. Next time though I want to try their mole chicken which I had my eye on. Watch for a return visit.....

Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $10 no tip

No comments: