Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

PF Changs

1330 Stoneridge Mall Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 224-9916
www.pfchangs.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant




Had lunch today at PF Changs in Pleasanton with a friend. PF Changs is one of those chain type places that gives consinstently good food. I wouldnt call it authentic Chinese, but would call it tasty. We started off with the Spring Rolls ($6.00) which I'll be honest, I wouldn't really reccomend. Not much flavor going on there. For the entrees we got an order of the Mongolian Beef ($15.00) and the Orange Peel Chicken ($13.00). The Mongolian Beef was great as always. Nice tender perfectly cooked pieces of beef with an excellent sauce. The Orange Chicken was also good with nice white meat chicken chunks and a pretty tasty, and mildly spicy sauce. You have your option of either white or brown rice. I usually go with the brown. I didn't get it today, but one of my favorite are the Changs Chicken Lettuce wraps ($8.00 and shown in picture). Pour some of the sauce that they make up for you to your heat preference (mild to spicy) and enjoy. PF Changs is a good place to go if you are looking for a good meal at a decent price, and aren't feeling very adventurous or looking to take a risk. Good place to go for a business lunch, or first date.


Quality of food = 9
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 9

Avg cost per person - $20 with tip

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Went back to PF Changs in Pleasanton for lunch yesterday and again got the Orange Peel Chicken, and Mongolian Beef. The chicken was really good again but I have to admit the beef wasn't as good this time. I won't say the meat was tough, but certainly not as tender as the last time.

Jeff said...

Went back again today for lunch with the usual lunch partner. He got his usual orange peel chicken which I didn't try today. I got the Chengdu Spiced Lamb ($14) which was spiced marinated lamb, wok carmelized then tossed with cumin, mint, tomatoes and yellow onions. It was as good as it sounds. The only thing I didn't care for was the cumin. Just didn't mesh well, but you only got a taste of that about every 5th bite or so so it wasn't bad. Definitely worth trying.