
164 Sunset DrSan Ramon, CA 94583
(925) 275-1515
Map It
Review This Restaurant
Looking for some bland, overpriced Indian food? If so, then go to Chutney's in San Ramon. If not, I'd recommend steering clear of this place. Had to wait for my Iphone to finish reprogramming itself at the AT&T store (Should finally have some better pics now that Im off that Treo) so I drove around the shopping center and saw Chutney's. Indian sounded good so my wife and I decided to give it a try. At first glance everything looked decent enough. The tandoori chicken I saw on peoples plates looked really good. So I made my way over to the buffet line and started loading up my plate. First thing I noticed was the small selection. I think I counted 8 different selections, with two of them being filled with pekora. I like pekora, and theirs was decent (Although a little cold) but when you have two of the eight things filled with it, its not good. I got a little of everything else and then noticed I didn't see the good tandoori chicken I saw so I asked the guy running the show and he said they bring it out to the table. I'm assuming that's their way of making sure you don't take too much. Whatever. So I go sit down and start eating. EVERYTHING WAS SO BLAND. My wife said it was probably the most tasteless Indian food she's ever had, and I'm thinking I would have to agree. I looked around and saw a few Indian people sitting there eating and just thought to myself, do they really like this? This has to be very dissapointing to them. I will admit that the tandoori was the one good thing. So I finished my single plate, didn't bother going back for seconds and I finally get the guy to give me my check after standing at the counter for a while. He was constantly very distracted on the phone the entire time so getting his attention was always difficult and I see we got charged $10.99 each for this crap. Trust me, don't bother. For that price go to Chef India in Pleasanton and get like four times the selection and much better food for the same price.
PS - They got the low cleanliness score for the fact that I needed to grab a 3rd dessert dish until I found one that didn't have some type of gunk stuck to it for my rice pudding.
**** U P D A T E ****
After writing my initial review my wife was up all night with food poisoning from this place. Even I with my cast iron stomach had a bit of a stomach ache. Again, I'd suggest avoiding at all costs...
Quality of food = 5
Service = 4
Value = 3
Cleanliness = 5
Avg cost per person - $13 with tip for buffet
No comments:
Post a Comment