Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

La Fiesta Taco

1989 Santa Rita Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 417-0408
Map It

Review This Restaurant



I had originally planned on going to Sheldans Bakery for lunch today, but apparently they have closed down. So now here I was on a 100+ degree day (Which really limits what sounds good) driving aimlessly looking for something to eat. I drove up Santa Rita Rd in Pleasanton and saw a little shopping center on the right and decided to pull in and take a look around. Well, after a little while I saw La Fiesta Taco which on the sign proclaims itself to be "The Best Mexican Food In Town". Ok. Lets put that to the test. When I walked in the first thing I noticed were all the video games lining the back wall, as well as the jukebox blasting AC/DC. Two things you don't typically see in a Mexican restaurant. Its a tacqueria type place, where you walk up to the counter and order, so I did that. The guy at the counter, who I think may be the owner seemed like a really nice guy. I ordered a Pastor Torta (BBQ'd pork sandwich) ($6.95) which came on a roll with lettuce, sour cream, guac, and salsa. I also loaded up some chips, hot salsa and some pico de gallo at their salsa bar. The salsa was good, the pico de gallo was a little bland. After a few min the sandwich came out and it was really good. The quality of the pork was good and very flavorful. It had just the right amount of sour cream, and guac on it. I added some extra salsa myself. I'll be honest, the place was a little messy. Chips and things all over the floor... I had to wipe something off my chair when I sat down. Hopefully the kitchen is in better shape. In all though, a good overall experience. Is it the best Mexican food in town? Too soon to say, I'll have to go back and try some more things. Be sure to watch for a follow up as I will definitely be going back some time.


Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 5

Avg cost per person - $9 no tip

1 comment:

Jeff said...

As promised, I went back to Fiesta Taco today for lunch. This time I tried a Super Burrito with Carnitas ($6.25). It was really good. Good size, tasty, and the carnitas were very good. My only complaint was there were a couple pieces of fat that I had to pick out which was kind of gross. Not unusual for carnitas though....