Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Denica's

6058 Dougherty Rd
Dublin, Ca 94568
(925) 829-6200
www.denicascafe.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant


Picked up breakfast from Denicas in Dublin this morning. We had gotten some pastries and guacamole (strange combo I know) in the past and those were both really good, and their breakfast menu looked good so it's something we've been wanting to try for a while. I ordered the Pesto Florentine Omlette ($8.25) which is stuffed full with baby spinach, tomato, carmelized onions, provolone cheese and pesto sauce. It also came with a side of some sourdough, and home fries. The omelette was awesome. Full of great flavor and defintely something I'd get again. The potatoes were good, they just got a bit cold on the drive home I guess. The sourdough was good as well although they didn't toast it dark as I requested (Pet peeve of mine). My wife had the Huevos Rancheros ($7.95) which comes with two sunny side up eggs with salsa, melted jack and cheddar cheeses on a flour tortilla and black beans and sour cream. She also ordered a side of the home fries ($3.25). She said the Huevos were good. Didnt really get her take on the home fries but I do know they were all gone by the time breakfast was over. The kids split an order of the French Toast ($6.50) which came with 6 pieces (3 full slices) of toast, powdered with sugar and were very good. When I picked the food up the lady at the counter was very friendly and more than happy to give me plenty of syrup. This place is split into two seperate halves. There is the Pastry Cafe on one side, which is mainly cafe type tables and the Taco Lounge on the other, which has booths to sit at. Sounds wierd, but I have heard their Mexican food is good. As I said before I've had the guac and that was really good so one of these days I'll have to try an actual dish.

Quality of food = 8
Service = 9
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 9

Avg cost per person - $11 with tip

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Picked some food up Friday night, and so far everything I've gotten from Denica's has been great. I ordered the Andouille Sausage Sandwich ($8.95). It was terrific. The grilled onions were awesome, as was the sausage and the cheese. My wife ordered a shredded chicken burrito, Enchilada style ($9.50) which she liked. The kids split a bean and cheese burrito ($4.50) which they seemed to like as well. For dessert I picked up a pecan bar ($3.50?) for dessert which was SO GOOD.