
7294 San Ramon RdDublin, CA 94568
(925) 587-2333
www.dublinsportspub.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
Went to the Dublin Sports Pub and Grill (Previously called The Englander) in Dublin to get some food to go, and have a beer while I waited. It was my first time there so I wasn't sure what to expect. First thing I noticed when I walked in was tons of beers on tap. 55 if I counted correctly, and lots of imports you don't see in most places. I was having a hard time seeing what they had from where I found a seat at the bar so I just ordered a Bass. While I waited for the food to show I sat at the bar and watched a few of the games going on on some of their many flat screen TV's throughout the bar. I will definitely have to come back here for Football season. Hopefully they do some kind of breakfast/brunch type thing. Anyway, I ordered the Fish and Chips ($9.95) for myself, a Turkey Burger ($7.95) for the wife and the kids split a kids cheeseburger ($5.95) and a kids portion of the Fish and Chips ($5.95). I also ordered some of the beer battered onion rings (Happy hour price of $3.95) and took it all home. The Fish and Chips were three decent sized pieces of cod and pretty good. The batter had a nice crunch to it. The chips (fries) were nothing special. One thing I noticed is that you pay $9.95 for three pieces for the normal order, and $5.95 for 2 pieces for the kids order. So basically I am paying $4 for one smallish piece of fish? Doesn't seem quite right... My wifes Turkey Burger was pretty good according to her. Her response was "Fuddruckers are better". (Of course). The kids had no complaints on the cheeseburger or their Fish and chips. The one real standout were the Beer Battered Onion Rings. Those were really good. I had seen the sign from a distance saying Sports Bar off San Ramon Rd. and wondered how the place was for a while, so I am glad I finally tried it out and know I will be back. Seems like it will be a great place to go watch a Baseball playoff game, or spend a Sunday drinking good beers watching all the football games.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $10 with tip
2 comments:
Went back to The Dublin Sports Pub And Grill last night and had the Bangers and Mash ($10.95). I have to admit, they were much better than I had expected. They were two large sausages on top of two huge heaps of garlic mashed potatoes, with a side of steamed vegetables with garlic butter. My wife had a Turkey Burger ($8.95) with fries. She said the turkey burger was good, the fries just OK.
I finally made it back to watch some games on Sunday. I was actually a little surprised by how packed it was, although I shouldn't be because it's a great place to watch the games. My friend got the fish tacos ($8.95?) and he said they were good. I got an order of the hot wings ($8.50) which were pretty good. Nice and spicy, but breaded which I'm not a big fan of. All together, they were good but not worth $8.50. I think they came with at most 8 so $1+ per wing? Ripoff. I was also a little annoyed that the prices for their beers on the menu weren't the prices we saw on the bill. They were about .50-.75 more each so not a huge deal, but still they should charge what they advertise.
Post a Comment