
5321 Hopyard RdPleasanton, Ca
(925) 463-2388
www.nationsrestaurants.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I don't think I have been to Nations since I was a kid before today. Its been one of those places that has been on my list to go to, but something else always ended up coming up instead. After going to the Nations in Pleasanton, I know I will be back much sooner next time. Walking in you feel like you are taken back to a hamburger joint in the 50's (OK, so I wasn't alive in the 50's but still, thats how it feels). From the counter that you can sit up at, to the look and feel of the menu posted on the wall. All that was missing were the girls on the roller skates taking my order with the funny hats. I'm also guessing you couldn't get a Salmon Burger in the 50s either. I ordered a cheeseburger with grilled onions and a side of fries (Any place that offers grilled onions at no extra charge gets extra points in my book). The burger was good size, I'm guessing a 1/3 pounder, with lots of fresh produce piled on. The burger itself was very tasty with good flavor. The bun was good size, and kept its form with all the liquidy stuff soaking into it. The fries were good as well, tasting like they are homemade. If I were to request one thing next time, it would be a little less mayo which they went a little heavy on. I'd still say Fuddruckers is still #1 as far as a hamburger place goes, but Nations is worth trying. They also have breakfasts which I've heard are good and will give a try sometime and review.
Quality of food = 7
Service = NA
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $7 no tip
1 comment:
I went back today and got a cheeseburger ($4.60) and a side of fries ($1.50). I ordered it with everything, as well as grilled onions and pickle spears. First, let me say that the place was PACKED. Just a constant stream of people coming in, with a line making its way to the door. They did a pretty good job of moving people through though. After a few minutes they called my number and I picked up my food. The burger was good, but they put on way too much mayo. Also, they barely put any grilled onions on which was kind of annoying. The fries were decent. I will let them slide a little on the grilled onions because of how busy it was, and will definitely go back. Good burger and fries for a great price. I still need to get in there and try their breakfasts...
Post a Comment