
7150 Village PkwyDublin, CA 94568
(925) 235-3672
Map It
Review This Restaurant
Usually at Indian buffets they will tone down the heat. That is definitely not the case at Dosa Place in Dublin. Even after I got my home my mouth was still on fire. I've heard lots of good things about this place, and have been meaning to try it but always ended up going somewhere else I think mainly due to the fact that its all vegetarian, and at least before, all they served were Dosas, which as I understand are the large flat bread things in which you place whatever dish you order and eat it almost like an Indian burrito. I was driving by the other day and noticed their new sign announcing a lunch buffet so today I finally made it by there for lunch. The place is pretty decent size, and all very new looking on the inside. It was also very busy, and other than one other person I think we were the only white people which is also usually a good sign when going to whatever type of ethnicity restaurant. I did the lunch buffet ($8.99) and made my way through their total of about 12+ items. They had two different sizes of metal plates to choose from, a big one, and a huge one. I went with huge and piled on a little of everything. Unfortunately I didn't write down the names of anything but I will just say that everything I had was good. I do however need to go back with someone next time who has a better idea of what they are doing as I noticed most the people there using a lot of the small bowls to put their things in, as well as some other things I wasn't sure about. This place was a little different than other Indian buffets I've been to. In all, the food was good and I liked that it was kept authentic and spicy but I will be honest that the carnivore in me kept wishing there were some meat to be had. Its just not Indian without Tandoori. I also would think being that its all vegetarian the price should be a little cheaper than their meat serving counterparts, but its not. That being said, Dosa Place in Dublin is still worth checking out at least once.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $11 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment