Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Agora Bistro

443 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566
(925) 417-0474
www.agorabistro.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant


I went out to dinner tonight with my wife to Agora Bistro in Pleasanton. We decided to start off with an order of the calamari ($10) and the hummus ($8). After a few minutes our very attentive (although at the time we were the only people there) waiter dropped off the appetizers. At first we were a little confused by the hummus but he explained theirs is baked hummus. It was great, served nice and warm. Unfortunately I cant say the same for the calamari. It was overly breaded and just not very good. I also didn't like the sauce that came with it much. A little while later he returned with the entrees. I went with the lamb chop ($24). I was torn between it and the lamb kabob ($17) but the waiter recommended the chop so thats what I went with. My wife ordered the porcini mushroom ravioli ($16) which was a good sized serving of very tasty ravioli in a really nice cream sauce. The chops were good, but not what I was hoping for. They were served as 4 petite chops where I was hoping for a thick cut chop. Also a little overdone for my taste. That being said, they were still very good and I liked the assortment of vegetables and potatoes the chops were served over. We were pretty stuffed at this point and ready to call it quits when the waiter came back by with some complimentary bhakliva which was some of the best Ive had in a while. In all, friendly attentive service, and good food served in a nice atmosphere I would recommend taking a trip to Agora Bistro in Pleasanton.


Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 9

Avg cost per person - $30 with tip

No comments: