
3059 Hopyard Rd # GPleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 846-5251
www.chineseszr.biz
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I've tried a few times to go to the Chinese Szechuan Restaurant in Pleasanton, but apparently always on a Monday. Problem is, they are closed Mondays. I finally made it on a Tuesday, and walked in to a pretty packed restaurant which is always a good sign. I was seated immediately by the friendly staff and decided on the Mongolian beef lunch special ($6.75). First they brought me out a little salad which was pretty good, followed by a spring roll, a cup of some decent hot and sour soup, and a fried wanton. A few minutes later my waiter showed up with a small bowl of steamed rice, and a good sized plate of the mongolian beef. The beef was very good quality, and the sauce was very good. Definitely a really good lunch and somewhere I'll for sure go back to, just not on a Monday.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $10 with tip
3 comments:
My mom was in town so we went to eat at the Chinese Szechuan Restaurant. We ordered the (forget exactly what they called it) but family style dinner for 2 ($13.25 per person) which included mongolian beef, sweet and sour chicken, spring rolls, wonton soup and mixed fried rice. We also ordered a thing of their Generals chicken ($9.95) and a plate of their honey walnut prawns ($11.95). Everything was excellent. Really not a bad thing to say about any of the dishes, and will definitely be headed back soon to take the father in law when he comes in to town. Great friendly service and great food.
We went back the other night, this time my father in law was in town. We ordered pretty much the same things we had ordered the last time only this time we also ordered an order of potstickers and scehuan beef. The potstickers were decent but nothing special. I didnt like that all they served with them was oil and vinegar. Would definitely NOT reccomend the szehuan beef. For a place with a name like this, you would think it would be good but it wasnt. It was breaded, in almost a sweet sauce very similar to the generals chicken. Other than that, everything was great.
Went back today for lunch and tried their Denny's Pork lunch special ($7.25) which was thinly cut pork pieces in a really good spicy black bean jalapeno sauce served with onions, carrots, bell peppers and mushrooms. The sauce was really good as was the whole dish. I was thinking as I was eating it that I didn't see any jalapenos though, and that it wasn't quite as spicy as I'd hoped for. Of course a couple minutes later I did get a hit of some spice that sent me for my water glass. This place continues to be quality.
Post a Comment