Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Sendo Sushi

4555 Hopyard Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 227-9000
Map It

Review This Restaurant



Today for lunch I went to Sendo Sushi in Pleasanton. I originally had planned on getting some sushi, but after looking at their menu didn't want to spend $14+tax for an 8 piece nigiri combo so I went with the Bento box with Salmon and a California Roll. When I told the waitress thats what I wanted I swear I felt like I was being scolded for asking for it that way and had it made very clearly to me that it was the "S1" I was ordering. Ok. Wont make that mistake again. After a couple minutes she dropped off a cup of pretty ordinary miso soup. Then after what seemed like an eternity she brought out my box. It included a side salad which was pretty good. I liked the dressing. It also included a piece of salmon covered in a boring terryaki sauce, as well as 6 California rolls. The salmon wasn't that good and honestly had kind of a fishy taste to it. The California rolls were also nothing special. In all, not a great lunch. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but with so many sushi places nearby probably not somewhere I'll be going back to.

Quality of food = 6
Service = 5
Value = 6
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $16 with tip

No comments: