
4805 Hacienda DrDublin, CA 94568
(925) 560-1520
www.macaronigrill.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I had a really disapointing meal at the Macaroni Grill in Dublin the other night. My wifes dad had sent us this gift card he got for $50 that could be used at Macaroni Grill, Chilis, On the Border and somewhere else. Unfortunately we chose to go to Macaroni Grill with the girls. At first they were going to seat us in the back at a table where the sun was just pouring in. Usually this wouldnt have been a huge deal, but I had just spent the entire day in the sun at the A's game (and before the game) so sitting in the sun wasn't something I wanted to do. They ended up putting us at a table in the center and took our drink orders. I ordered a glass of their sangria ($5.49) which tasted so watered down. Seriously. I think they made a large batch with ice in it, and all the ice melted. My wife ordered a peach martini ($7.49) which she said was very good. For the food, we ordered the calamari ($8.49) which was ok but nothing special at all. Served with a marinara sauce as well as an aoli sauce it was a dissapointment as I was looking forward to some good calamari which I havent had in a while. One of the kids got a bowl of Mac and Cheese ($4.99) which she seemed to like, as well as spaghetti and meatballs ($5.99) which our other daughter seemed to like well enough. For our entrees, I ordered by my friends suggestion, the Chicken Marsala ($13.49) which ended up being 3 tiny pieces of chicken and some pretty sorry looking pieces of portabello mushroom with a small side of spaghetti. Luckily I wasn't very hungry or I probably would have been pretty upset. As it was I just thought it was pretty lame. I also had a side cesar salad ($2.29) which again was nothing to write home about. My wife ordered the Carmelas Rigatoni ($12.49) which was Grilled chicken, mushrooms, caramelized onions, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese tossed with rigatoni pasta and Marsala cream sauce. This was also a pretty small portion. She seemed to like it well enough, although she did say there wasn't much chicken in it at all. For dessert we got an order of the tiramisu ($6.49) which was actually pretty good. In all, we just felt that we didn't get out moneys worth (bill ended up being $73 without tip) so definitely won't be going back, and wishing we had used the card somewhere else.
Quality of food = 6
Service = 6
Value = 4
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $20 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment