
1440 N Main StWalnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 932-9090
www.silkroadwalnutcreek.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I had an excellent lunch today at Silk Road Mediterranean Cuisine in Walnut Creek. I walked down Main Street for a while trying to decide where I wanted to go when I came across it. They had a nice outdoor patio where some people were sitting, but I decided to sit inside. Shortly after I sat at the table of my choice someone came by to drop off some flat bread and what is only known as "the dip". I know this because I asked my waiter what they call it. "The dip" is a really tasty mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, diced green and white onions, tomatoes, and some other things, and is delicious. I looked over their lunch specials menu and decided to go with Special #3 which came with some hummus, a caesar salad, a gyros sandwich (I'm thinking it was actually a 1/2 sandwich) and chicken kabob. All this for only $9.95! The hummus was some of the best I've had in a while. The caesar was also very tasty. The chicken kabob was grilled perfectly and had nice crunchy grill marks and a nice marinade. The gyro was also very good, but I would have preferred a bit more tzakiki sauce. My wife has been saying for a while now that she wants to go get some good hummus, so I will definitely have to bring her back here for dinner. This will also give me an opportunity to try some of their really good sounding specialty items like their Pomegranite Chicken ($14.95) or their Lamb Shank ($14.95).
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 9
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $20 with tip
1 comment:
I just got back from another visit at Silk Road. I went with a group of 6 of us, so this time along with their awesome vinegar "dip" they also brought us out a plate with Hummus, Babaghanosh, and Tabbouleh. All were excellent, especially the Babaghanosh. For my entree I went with the #2 lunch special ($9.95) which came with a Greek Salad, Grilled Chicken breast sandwich (In a pita) and Koubideh Kabob (ground beef skewers). The salad was very good, although I did get a funky end piece of the lettuce which I pushed to the side. The kabob was awesome with so much flavor and just really tasty. The grilled chicken sandwich was honestly just ok and would probably keep me from going with that combo again. In all though, this place rocks and everyone at the table was in agreement that the food is just delicious. Definitely a must try.
Post a Comment