Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Fujian Japanese Restaurant

1518 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
925-932-0368
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant


I had lunch at Fujian Japanese Restaurant in Walnut Creek today. I decided to go with the BBQ white tuna ($7.95) as I didn't like the nigiri combo ($10.95) offer they had. I went with some people who are regulars so I think we got at least one thing brought out that we wouldn't have typically, which was a really good pickled squid and cucumber salad. I think the endaname which was brought out I also saw on other peoples tables. We also got the usual salad, and miso soup brought out which were both good. After we were done with all this our entrees were brought out. My tuna was good, but honestly probably not something I would get again. Typically when I've had this its still warm, and the sauce on top is usually better. This was cold, pretty bland and served with some shredded ginger (which was pretty good and helped give it some flavor) sitting in a deep puddle of water (maybe from the ginger?). I think the office is planning some type of party there this Friday so I will go give it another try and actually try the sushi, which I've heard is supposed to be good so watch for a return visit.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $25 with tip

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I just got back from Fujian, and once again did not get sushi. I did however, get a bento lunch box ($6.95) with cooked saba (mackerel) and squid. What a deal this was. Tons of food (Also came with soup, salad, seaweed salad with squid, and some really spicy kimchee) for under $10 with tip. The saba was excellent. Grilled perfectly, nice and fresh and just full of flavor. The squid was good, too served with a nice smokey sauce. One of these times I really do need to try their sushi, but for a quick lunch their bento boxes are a hell of a deal.

Jeff said...

I went back for lunch again today and got another lunch box ($6.95) this time with the cooked saba, which again was very good, although a little bit smaller of a piece than last time. This time I also went with some sashimi as my other option and substituted the tuna for salmon. The salmon was very good. Nice and fresh. One of these times I REALLY need to get some nigiri....