Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Wally's Cafe

3900 San Pablo Ave
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510) 597-1303
Map It


Review This Restaurant


I had to go to a BOFA ATM today so I started driving down San Pablo Ave until I found one. Shortly after I saw the Bank Club Cafe. I figured I would go get a tuna melt or something. Upon walking in, I realized the place was actually a bar. It seemed like a pretty cool bar, if it had been later in the day and I didn't have to go back to work I probably would have had a beer and shot some pool. I did see a menu on one of the tables and was surprised to see a lot of Mediterranean food on it. I asked the bartender if I order the food from him and he pointed me towards the back, where Wally's Cafe is. Its a tiny little place, with seating only at the counter. The very friendly lady working behind the counter came up right away and handed me my menu. A minute later I got a nice surprise when a guy dropped off a nice sized bowl of spicy lentil soup. I opted to go with the Beef Gyro ($6.99) which was a nice sized gyro, full of good quality, somewhat thickly sliced meat and some really good tzaziki sauce. After I was done I got another nice surprise, a free small piece of their really good baklava. Its times like today that make me glad that I'm not afraid to just try any random place out, because every now and then you get a nice surprise like I did at Wally's Cafe in Emeryville.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 6

Avg cost per person - $12 with tip

No comments: