
2613 San Pablo AveBerkeley, CA 94702
(510) 548-1140
Map It
Review This Restaurant
Had lunch at KC's BBQ in Berkeley today. I had heard some good things about it, so wanted to check it out. When you walk in you're taken back to the 1800's with all the old things they've got in there, including a wagon in the center of the place. Some people seem a bit turned off by all the antiques and things, but I thought it was pretty cool. So I went up to the counter and the guy (owner maybe?) was really friendly and answered my questions about the difference between the shortend ($10.75) and the longend ($9.60). Its basically the part of the rib, either the long, or the short part. He said the short end is a "little" bit leaner. I just went with the longend, and was also sure to ask for their spicy sauce. A few minutes later he called me back up to get my order and it was a huge plate with 5 good sized ribs, some potato salad, baked beans and some bread. The ribs were really good. Literally falling off the bone as you pick them up. I liked the rub they had on them. The sauce, honestly was ok. Not great. I think I got a mixture of the sweet, and the spicy sauce. Don't get me wrong, they were both good, but I think I'm a bit jaded from Everett & Jones up the street which I've got to say is still #1 in my book. There is definitely more seating at KC's though. The beans were pretty good, as was the potato salad. Neither being something I'd "write home about". The bread is just the Wonder style bread like you get at Everett & Jones. In all, the place is worth trying. Who knows, maybe you'll like the sauce better. I would like to try the shortend ribs some time to see the difference.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 6
Avg cost per person - $13 no tip
No comments:
Post a Comment