
2442 Telegraph AveBerkeley, CA 94704
(510) 849-4592
Map It
Review This Restaurant
Went and had lunch at Cafe Mattina on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley today. I guess this place used to be called Cafe Intermezzo but recently changed ownership, but supposedly nothing else. I went here upon direction from the same friend who suggested Dara Thai Lao Cuisine in Berkeley. I told him if I thought this place sucked as bad as that did, he's officially cut off. Fortunately, he redeemed himself here. It's right at the heart of Telegraph so there's a lot going on around the place. Inside, its pretty good size with plenty of seating. You walk up to the counter, order and pick up your food. I decided to go with the 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup combination ($6.75). I went with a pastrami, on the suggested honey wheat bread and a cup of the tomato bisque soup. The sandwich was good, but the soup was excellent. Full of flavor and just really tasty. The sandwich, like I said, was good, but I think maybe could have used a bit more mustard. It was somewhat bland and I think that would have really helped. The bread was really good though, as was the quality of the pastrami. I saw some people walking around with these huge salads that once it warms back up I will have to try.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 9
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $9 no tip
No comments:
Post a Comment