Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Everett & Jones

1955 San Pablo Ave.
Berkeley, CA
510-548-8261
www.eandjbbq.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

A friend of mine had told me about a place in Berkeley called Everett and Jones. I finally made it out there for lunch today and will say I have a new favorite BBQ place. Even as you walk up to the place you get the feeling you are in for something good. The smell of smoke in the air, and a pile of wood in the back is always a good sign. If you are looking for a fancy place to impress a date, this is not your place. If you are looking for some DAMN good BBQ, it is. They have a brick oven which they use wood to cook with which fills the place up with smoke every time the guy opens it. There is a jukebox in the corner which the entire time was playing good music, just adding to the feel of sitting in a BBQ place in Memphis. I ordered the Pork Ribs Dinner ($10.25) along with a side of their beans ($1.50). After a few minutes they called my number and I went to grab my plate of food. All it took was a quick look to know this was going to be delicious. I brought the plate back to the counter I was sitting at and took a bite of my first rib. I thought to myself ohman, this is sooo good. Just fall off the bone tender, perfect amount of tasty (I ordered the medium) sauce, with lots of meat on the bone. It also came with a little portion of potato salad that was pretty decent, and some wheat bread. If ever in the area and looking for some kick ass BBQ in a cool environment, go check out Everett and Jones.

Quality of food = 8
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $14 no tip

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I went back for lunch today and got a Beef Brisket Sandwich ($8.10). While the brisket was tasty and tender, it was definitely not a sandwich. It was served with 2 slices of their wheat wonder bread just like everything else, but that was about it. Not sure exactly what the difference between their lunchtime "dinners" and sandwiches are... anyone know?

Jeff said...

Went back for the Rib Dinner again. Excellent as always.... Asked the guy working the difference between the Rib Dinner, and Rib Sandwich other than about $2.50. Apparently its the amount of ribs you get. I think you get about 3 more with the dinner.