Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Bombay Cuisine

2006 9th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510) 843-9601
Map It

Review This Restaurant



I just had lunch at Bombay Cuisine in Berkeley. You never want to walk in to a place and be the only one there. That was the case here. I ordered the Chicken Vindaloo ($9.95) and a Mango Lassi ($2.50) to drink. After about 15 minutes the food came out. Upon first glance it looked pretty good. After a few bites I was thinking it was ok, but nothing special. With just the chicken, and some potatoes it was very one dimensional. The naan was also a huge disapointment. I ate the first piece, which towards the end it started getting pretty hard. The second piece was so hard and dried out I didn't even bother with it. I have a feeling thats what went in the microwave I heard in the background. Although it could have been the entree which was served at like a thousand degrees. I also noticed a sort of film on the fork and spoon before I started eating. Tried to wipe it off and it didn't come off so I figured maybe the silverware just needed to be polished? After eating for a while though the part of fork that would have had the most contact with food (And my MOUTH) all was suddenly cleaned off which is pretty gross. The lady was nice, the atmosphere ok (Some kindof cool art on the walls) but probably not somewhere I will go back to, particularly with all the Indian type restaurants to choose from in the Berkeley area.

Quality of food = 6
Service = 7
Value = 6
Cleanliness = 5

Avg cost per person - $15 with tip

No comments: