
1807 4th StBerkeley, CA 94710
(510) 644-3230
www.worldpantry.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
I went back to 4th street in Berkeley for lunch, and ended up at Bette's Oceanview Diner. The place was pretty packed, but I was able to get a spot up at the counter right away. Immediately the really friendly waitress stopped by to tell me about the specials which sounded good, but I pretty much already had my heart set on the Tuna Melt ($9.95). I ordered it on a baguette, with grilled onions and upon her suggestion the potato salad for the side. After about 10 min or so the food showed up and it looked awesome. The baguette was nice and crispy, yet easy to eat. The flavor of the tuna salad, cheddar, tomato and the grilled onions all went together perfectly and it was just a really tasty sandwich. The only downside was the potato salad. Although it was good, it was borderline warm which was a little creepy. Next time I'll probably try the slaw, or even better yet the home fries which looked really good (Also think I'll have breakfast for lunch). If you're looking for some really good breakfast/lunch food, and friendly service in a cool atmosphere then go check out Bette's Oceanview Diner on 4th street in Berkeley.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 9
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8
Avg cost per person - $14 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment