Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe

4081 Hollis St
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510) 594-1221
www.rudyscantfailcafe.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

Had what was possibly the best hollandaise sauce I've ever had at Rudy's Cant Fail Cafe in Emeryville. After looking over their menu for a while and really being torn between one of their scrambles, or one of their flavors of benedict (Both of which I saw being brought out, and looked excellent) I decided on the Eggs Blackstone ($9.50) which were two perfectly poached eggs on a delicious piece of ciabatta bread, some bacon, tomatoes and chives. This was some of the best benedict Ive had in a long time, if not ever. I can't give justice to how good their hollandaise was. With the perfect amount of zesty lemon flavor it was delicious. The only thing I would have changed was the bacon. Although it was good, it was a little over cooked and hard, especially on a benedict. I guess there would actually be two things I would change. The benedict didn't come with any sides, so I had to order a side of hash browns ($2.75). They were really good though, with onions cooked into them. It just would have been nice if they would have come with (Especially for $9.50) but I'm not going to complain too much with how good the food was. The place was packed, and we had to wait about 30 minutes for a table of 5. I will say however that it was well worth the wait. The decor was pretty cool, and I liked the fact that they had a surprisingly good tap beer selection, as well as $1 (cheap) beers every night from 9pm-1? If you are in the Emeryville area and looking for a great breakfast then definitely go check out Rudy's Cant Fail Cafe.

Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 7

Avg cost per person - $15 with tip

No comments: