
7155 Amador Plaza RdDublin, CA 94568
925-833-0888
Map It
Review This Restaurant
Needed to get something quick, so I decided to go to Taqueria Azteca in Dublin. After taking a look at their menu posted on the wall I decided a super burrito ($6.00) sounded good. Difference between a super and a normal burrito being the super has jack cheese, sour cream and a larger tortilla (more stuff inside) and costs $1 more. I asked for a carnitas burrito but unfortunately they were out so I went with a chile verde one instead. I then went to the salsa bar and loaded up on a few different kinds of pico de gallo and salsa. All of which were good and fresh, along with some nice fresh and hot chips. The burrito came out almost immediately. It was pretty good size. Wouldn't call it huge, but not small either. The overall flavor of everything was good. Quality of the pork was pretty decent. Didn't notice any fatty pieces which is always a plus for pork. Something about the way they did the jack cheese was good too. Cant really put a description on it, just all melted together nicely and tasty. I wouldn't say it's something worth driving out of your way for, but if you are in the Dublin area near Safeway and looking for a quick tasty burrito then go check out Taqueria Azteca.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 7
Avg cost per person - $8 no tip
3 comments:
Went back to Taqueria Azteca the other day for lunch. I wanted a light(er) lunch because I was going to be having an early dinner. They have what they call the Chico burrito ($4.25 for super, $3.75 for regular), which is just a smaller version of whatever kind of burrito you order. I got the carnitas super burrito, and it was really good. Best damn burrito I've ever had for $4. Really, its smaller than their normal ones, but definitely not SMALL. Great deal.
I went back for dinner tonight and had a Super Shrimp burrito ($7.00). It was good, although I would have liked to have seem some flavoring to the shrimp (something similar to what they do at Mexxis). Another issue I had with it was that a couple of them still had some shell on them which I had to end up fishing out of my mouth. My wife had two chicken tacos ($2.50 each)which she said were good.
I picked up some dinner to go tonight for the family. I had a super chicken burrito (#1-A chicken to be exact ((grilled chicken))). It was pretty good, but seemed a little small and left me a bit hungry. Also, it didn't seem to have as much cheese as usual. My wife and daughters all had bean and cheese burritos which I heard didn't have much cheese either. Maybe someone new making the burritos? On the upside I did get two large containers to fill up with two kinds of tasty salsa and pico de gallo.
Post a Comment