Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Vin Pearl

4288 Dublin Boulevard, Suite 112
Dublin, CA 94568
(866) 700-9455
www.vinpearlrestaurant.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant

Had a great lunch today at Vin Pearl in the Ulferts Shopping Center in Dublin. I had looked over their menu a few months ago and decided the place was a bit too pricey for lunch, with most items being around the $13 mark on up. At that time I also noticed the place was pretty empty, never a good sign. I had talked to someone a few weeks back about this place and they said that the prices were actually not all that bad so I put it back on my radar. I looked at their menu posted in front of the restaurant and saw that most lunch item prices were now down to about the $8 mark. Much better price point for lunch. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was all the bamboo placed around the restaurant. Gave it a very nice feel. I was imediately seated and started to look over the menu. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted but started thinking about the Spicy Lemon Grass Noodles ($8.00). My waitress then came over and told me that that was actually their special of the day so it was only ($5.95) so I was sold. This time around the place was packed pretty much near capacity the entire time, which probably accounted for the somewhat slow service. Service was friendly (Im pretty sure my waitress was the owner, Vin Pearl) but a bit slow. After about 15 min or longer my meal came out. Typically for just under $6 you would think they would overload the plate with noodles and not much meat. Not the case here. There was tons of pretty decent quality chicken. Borderline too much even! The flavors were all good, with just the right amount of spicey kick. I actually emptied my water glass and was glad when the busboy finally came around to refill it for me. Their dinner menu items seem to run around an average of $15 or so. In all, good food, good ambiance and a nice price will definitely bring me back to try some more items on their menu.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 6
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $10 with tip for lunch $20 for dinner

No comments: