Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Ruggie's

3191 Crow Canyon Pl # L
San Ramon, CA 94583
(925) 866-9460
www.ruggies.com
Map It

Review This Restaurant


I recently got the new Entertainment coupon book and decided to try one of the places in it, Ruggies in San Ramon. The name sounded familair, apparently its been there since 1984, which is usually a good sign. Im not 100% certain on prices on this one, as I didn't get an itemized reciept, and they didn't have a to go menu available (Also no menu on their website) but they're pretty close. Anyway, I ordered the Joes Special ($8.99) which was a nice scramble with jack cheese, onions, green peppers, mushrooms and upon request (no extra charge) spinach and tomato. It also came with a side of really good home fries and a perfectly toasted and just all around great (I don't understand how it was so good, but it was) english muffin. The scramble was really good, and a good size as well. Not too much, but enough to fill me up til dinner. My wife ordered a combo, not sure of the name on this one ($7.99) but it came with two pancakes, two eggs, and was going to come with either sausage or bacon which she substituted for home fries. She liked everything she had as well. For the kids, they split an order of the french toast ($6.50). It was 6 halves covered in powedered sugar and looked really good. For $7 they also have a sourdough option which sounds good, as well as a pecan raisin option for like $1 more or something. The place is pretty much your typical family style diner, tucked in the middle of a shopping center. The only down side that I had was I will have to say their coffee is pretty awful. Other than that, Ruggies was a good find and I'm sure I'll be back to try their "Famous Eggs Benedict".

Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $12 with tip

No comments: