
411 Hartz Ave.Suite A
Danville, CA 94526
(925) 820-0670
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I haven't walked out of a sushi place after dropping $100 for sushi for two and felt I've gotten my moneys worth in a long while. Last night that finally changed at Sushi Bar Hana in Danville. The place is tiny, even at their new location (I think they were at their old location in the Danville Hotel for like 15 years?) but we were still able to be seated immediately at around 8pm on a Friday night. Second thing I noticed was the staff was extremely friendly. Right after we were seated they came and took our drink orders and dropped off some edamame and some hot towels (Usually a good sign and typical of Japanese owned). I ordered a bottle of Sayuria cold, unfiltered sake ($12.75) at almost $13 it was a little on the pricey side but worth every cent. Nice and sweet. Smooth, and just tasted great. I ordered my usual ton of nigiri,. The wife ordered some nigiri, a spicy tuna roll ($7.50) and a Hana Roll ($10.75) which had tuna and hamachi tempura, seaweed and rice. My wife didn't care for that too much, but the couple pieces I had were fine. Anyway, on to the nigiri.... The hamachi was most certainly the best I've had in the East Bay, possibly even outdoing my favorite, Nishiki in Sacramento. Just melt in your mouth good. The unagi was also excellent. Good quality eel, grilled perfectly. Other standouts were the white tuna, the saba, the salmon and most everything else I had. The only thing I didn't really care for was the Sea Bass which I ordered in place of the Halibut which unfortunately they were out of that night. I also ordered an order of Uni ($6.75) which was excellent. I'm just now realizing they forgot my scallops. Bummer. Speaking of scallops, I'm sure you are all dying to hear if I have finally ended up quest for finding Scallop Shooters in the East Bay. Unfortunately I have not. I got the usual "Are you crazy?" look when I asked our waitress about them. Even with that downside I know I will definitely go back and look forward for when I do.
Quality of food = 10
Service = 10
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 9
Avg cost per person - $40 with tip
No comments:
Post a Comment