Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Mimis Cafe

4775 Hacienda Dr
Dublin Ca 94568
(925) 833-2521
www.mimiscafe.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant




Mimis Cafe is one of my favorite chain restaurants. Im usually not too fond of chains, but Mimi's typically does things well consistently. I went to the Mimi's Cafe in Dublin for the first time today while I had a radio installed at Best Buy. I was seated right away, but unfortunately in a very annoying spot. There were people constantly walking back and forth past my table as I was right up close to the front. Then I sat there for about at least 15 minutes until a waitress finally came by and asked if I was still waiting for someone. I realized because the hostess for whatever reason brought two menus she thought I was waiting for someone else. I'll put that one on the hostess, not the waitress. One of my favorite things there is the Pot Roast Sandwich ($8.99) which is a nice sized piece of pot roast, tomato, lettuce and mayo on a grilled sourdough baguette and is usually delicious. You have your choice of fries or cole slaw. I chose the fries. Unfortunately today after it finally showed up (After about at least 25 minutes of waiting) it looked decent enough from the first glance. Then I took my first bite. First thing I noticed was that it was much drier than usual. Typically the pot roast is nice and moist and tender. Not today, on this first half at least. So I finished that half and then moved on to the second. This is where things went down hill. I like to put horseradish on it so I had taken the top of the roll off to do that and noticed that literally at LEAST half of the meat on this side was nothing but fat. I picked out most of the fat and was left with a little bit of meat still, so I ate that... As I got towards the end I became increasingly annoyed at how bad this sandwich was. The meat that was there was dry, not that there was much left by the time I got done picking the fat out. After a while when I was done the waitress showed back up and I just had to say something. All I really needed to do was start talking and she looked down at my plate and said "Wow, all that fat came off that sandwich? Gross" Yep. Sure is. She was nice about it and asked if I wanted anything else, but I was full from eating the fries and the bread and had to get back to work so I said no. She then talked me in to a blueberry muffin to go. Ok, still sucks I have to pay for this but at least I'll have breakfast for tomorrow. A couple minutes later she came back by I assumed to drop off the check but then said she talked to her manager and they took care of it. Was glad to see some good customer service, so I will give it another chance. Hopefully I'll have better luck because I really do like Mimi's typically. If you've never been there, they've got great breads they bring out with the meals and the French Onion soup is awesome!

Quality of food = 6
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 9

Avg cost per person - $13 with tip

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I went back to Mimi's for dinner tonight and am happy to say they have redeemed themselves for the terrible pot roast sandwich from last time. I ordered the same tonight ($9.89) and it was great. Nice and tender, with a ton of meat and zero fat.