
4288 Dublin BlvdSte 101
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 833-8448
Map It
Review This Restaurant
I had been to Sake House in the Dublin Ulferts Center a few months ago and remembered really liking it, and the price not being bad. Not sure why I hadn't gone back until today, but after I did I'll have to remember to go back soon. First of all, the price. $10 gets you 6 HUGE pieces of nice fresh nigri, miso soup, and a tasty green salad. For an extra .50 you can customize the order to get what you want, with some things excluded (Unfortunately Unagi and Hamachi being two of them). I substituted the Ebi for Saba, the Red Snapper for Scallop and the Baby Tuna, which is served seared with a dallop of garlic on top (Garlic and sushi just do not mix for me) for a second piece of the white tuna. When they brought it out I couldn't believe how big the pieces were. Its not many places that you can get 3 decent sized bites per piece. All of the sushi was nice and fresh. Full of flavor. The soup and salad were good, too. A lady next to me ordered a couple of rolls that also looked really good. I'll probably take the wife next time and try some of hers.
Quality of food = 8
Service = 8
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 9
Avg cost per person - $12 with tip for lunch
1 comment:
I went back to House of Sake the other day for lunch and again ordered the sushi special. I was happy that they let me include Unagi, and Hamachi in the order even though on their menu it says these are excluded. The fish for the most part was good. The Unagi was really good. The Hamachi pretty good, but not great. The real bummer I had was that there were three little bones in my Saba. YUCK. I told the busser and they brought me out a little bowl of green tea ice cream which was good. I'll go back and hopefully have better luck next time.
Post a Comment