
5321 Hopyard Rd #DPleasanton, CA 94566
925-847-1700
Map It
Review This Restaurant
New York Pizza in Pleasanton, while the pizza isn't bad (also not great) I think people are much better off trying their sandwiches. They are made with these sourdough type rolls flown in from NY, and are so good. The Italian sandwich with sausage, pepperoni, salami, onions, tomato and a garlic cream sauce is awesome. The chicken philly, while not your authentic Philly style sandwich, it is really good too. They also come with a side salad for around $6. While the sandwiches are always good, they seem to be better when the older guy (Im assuming hes the owner) is the one there making them.
Qualtiy of food = 7
Service = 6
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 6
Avg cost per person - $8 no tip
4 comments:
Ordered a large pizza to go last night. It was 20", had a thin crust and a little light on the toppings. I was looking to get a cheap pizza, and thats pretty much what I got for $18.50. It was enough to fill my wife and I up, and wasn't bad, but I still think their sandwiches are better than the pizza.
Went back to NY Pizza for lunch today and had the Italian Sandwich. It wasnt nearly as good as it has been in the past. First, the bread was different. It was close to what it usually is, but not as crisp, and just not as good. It also didn't have sausage in the sandwich. I dont know if he just forgot to put it in, or if they changed it but the sandwich was lacking without it. Typically the sandwich will just drip tons of grease but nothing came from this one. I dont know if it was the lack of the sausage or what, and I know it sounds gross, but somehow dripping with grease it just usually has so much more flavor. I'll try it again in a few weeks and see how it is then....
Went back again today and had my usual Italian sandwich. It was better than last time, but still somehow not as good as it used to be. Still no sausage on it, so I checked the menu and it doesn't say anything about sausage... all I can think of is that when the owner makes them maybe he puts it on there and the others do not? So, again, not as good as it used to be (Or maybe just when the owner makes it) but still good and a great deal for $5.70.
All good things must come to an end. It looks like the owner has sold the business. It is still called the same thing, and the majority of the menu seems to be there, now with the addition of Kabobs and things. I got the Itallian sandwich (Still $5.70) but the rolls are now different. It was still decent, but definitely not the same good rolls the old owner used to fly in. Ah well....
Post a Comment