Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

El Gallo

6700 Santa Rita Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(925) 225-0186
Map It


Review This Restaurant


Had a scary lunch today. I decided to venture out and look for a new taqueria. I had to go to the Bank Of America in the Ulferts Center so I decided to make my way up Tassajara and found El Gallo in the Pleasanton Trader Joes shopping center. When I walked in I noticed the place was pretty small. Not a problem. Unfortunately it was also a little dirty. When I went to grab my cup for my water I noticed the towel it was sitting on was kind of gross. I walked up to the counter and placed my order for a Super Burrito with carnitas. I also asked for it wet with salsa verde. The total came to $7.88. I then went and got myself some chips, pico de gallo and red salsa. The salsa was really bland with not much flavor at all. The pico de gallo was pretty good however. After a few minutes the lady brought my burrito out to the table. It was really good size, with the salsa verde and some cheese melted on the top and looked really good. I began to eat it and it didn't take long before things went south. I ate what tasted like a large piece of fat. I continued to make my way through and came across a few large pieces of what looked to be tripe. After a while I even began wondering if maybe she thought I had asked for a Menudo burrito??? There were a few pieces of actual carnitas style pork in there that were actually pretty good. Really, the overall flavor of the burrito was good but I just couldnt get past the horrible quality of the majority of the meat. Depending on how my stomache ends up doing maybe I'll go back some time and try something more streamline like a chicken burrito, as I do typically like to give places a second chance...

Quality of food = 5
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 5

Avg cost per person - $10 no tip

No comments: