
39222 Fremont BoulevardFremont, CA 94538
(510) 744-1957
www.originalpancakehouse.com
Map It
Menu
Review This Restaurant
It was my wifes birthday weekend, and she has been wanting to go to The Original Pancake House in Fremont for a while so we finally made it out there. I myself am not much of a pancake person, so I was hoping for a good scramble or something. When we were seated and I had a chance to look over the menu I realized that wasn't going to happen. They had no scrambles, and a pretty limited selection of omelettes. I went with a ham and cheese omelette ($10.88) with a 1/2 order of hash browns (Get your choice of those, pancakes or french toast). My wife went with the chocolate chip pancakes ($9.80) and a side of 1/2 order hash browns ($3.99). They didn't have a kids menu, so for the girls we had them split an order of the 2x4 ($9.75) which were two eggs, and four pancakes. We chose the banana ones for them. After a long while the food came out and unfortunately looked pretty unimpressive. My wife said her pancakes were ok, but nothing special. My omelette (which I had to wait for a 2nd one to come out because I realized the 1st one was just cheese) was not your typical omelette, more of a fritatta which again, I'm not a huge fan of and was a little burnt on the outside. The girls did seem to like their pancakes. In all, pretty pricey for what you get and just nothing special. Not worth the drive, or the money. Oh well, lesson learned. Wouldn't recommend The Original Pancake House.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 5
Cleanliness = 6
Avg cost per person - $15 with tip 0 Return Visits
No comments:
Post a Comment